This December, Delta Air Lines unveiled the first fully biometric terminal in the United States at Maynard H. Jackson International Terminal (Terminal F) in Atlanta. Delta partnered with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport to make biometrics a reality. Customers who will be flying to international destinations on Delta, Aeromexico, Air France, KLM, or Virgin Atlantic Airways will be able to use facial recognition technology from the curb all the way to the gate. Customers will be able to:
• Check in at the self-service kiosks in the International lobby
• Drop checked baggage at the counters in the International lobby
• Serve as identification at the TSA checkpoint
• Board a flight at any gate in Terminal F
• And, go through CBP processing for international travelers arriving into the U.S.
With the successful launch of the biometric Airport in Atlanta, biometrics will expand next to all 14 international gates at McNAmara Terminal in the Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW) by mid-December. John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York will be soon to follow.